Pre-Installed Cable Protector
Cable clamping today is a long, painful and risky operation. To tackle these challenges, Vallourec is introducing to the market the first ever pre-installed cable protector, moving most of the existing rig floor operations to the yard. The Protector generates significant rig time savings and safety benefits, while meeting the most advanced technical performances.
Our solution is to move as many operations as possible away from the critical path and even from the rig site. The cable protectors are pre-installed in the yard prior to transport to the rig site.
Pipes lifted and run-in hole with weight transferred through the clamp to the coupling face. Just one person required to align the clamp, insert the cables, snap shut the lock and lock the clamp rotation.
- Critical path time <30 seconds
- Available in 4 ½” and 5 ½” VAM TOP ® Family and VAM® 21 Family with more sizes and thread types available on request
- Accepts 1 or 2 cables with more options coming soon
- Supports the weight of >25 meters of cables
- Supports the full string weight up to the maximum load permitted on the coupling face
- Up to 25,000 meters wear resistance in horizontal section
- No damage to couplings or excessive point contact on coupling edge
- Fully qualified according to the Statoil TR2385 requirements
Need more information? Let’s talk about it!
Vallourec Pre-Installed Cable Protectors are now on Smartengo: