Already a rapidly developing sector, hydrogen transport via pipeline can benefit from Vallourec’s expertise in pipe and tube metallurgy in relation to hydrogen.
- A comprehensive line pipe product and services offer adapted to hydrogen transmission including seamless line pipe for: on and offshore use with fatigue-sensitive applications; high-pressure operations; corrosive environments; ultra-deep and sour service environments with a focus on combatting hydrogen embrittlement.
- Serimax welding and field joint coating services.
- Associated services such as external anti-corrosion and thermal insulation coating, CRA lined pipe, bends, welding and multi-jointing.
- Accompanying customers in repurposing their pipes for a new fluid and assessing the best solutions to support them in this ambition.
- Expertise and availability to act as a potential supplier for newbuilds.
Hydrogen’s physical properties make the development of robust infrastructure complex. Vallourec’s materials expertise is proving invaluable in developing the necessary solutions.
Important physical properties of hydrogen
All these technical challenges will certainly find appropriate responses. Vallourec will contribute to these, so that the required infrastructure can be safely developed. In this way, the full potential of hydrogen as a low-carbon technology can be unleashed.
News – Large-scale hydrogen for a cleaner tomorrow
Dec. 2020 | by Vincent Designolle
From solar and wind to biomass, the number of cleaner alternatives to fossil fuels has exploded in recent years. But one clearly stands out from the pack: hydrogen. Already well established in industrial uses, hydrogen is now angling to conquer hard-to-decarbonize sectors like heavy transport and energy-intensive industries. To ensure success, infrastructure at a large scale will be needed to support hydrogen’s growth—a gargantuan undertaking that Vallourec is well placed to support.