Prime Mapping service delivers accurate casing and tubing geometry dimensions in digital format providing string actual bore volume for cement displacement, best packer fit pipe selection and thickest pipes for casing wear mitigation.
Prime Mapping service delivers accurate casing and tubing geometry dimensions in digital format. Data is collected directly on the rig or at the yard.
- Pipe bore volume for cement displacement: Enhanced tally list with pipe volume from measured internal diameter (ID) & length for cement plug bump.
- Best packer-fit pipe selection: Full length 360° ID map is analyzed and pipes with lowest ovality and ID min/max/avg in range are identified for best packer fit.
- Thickest pipes placement for casing wear mitigation: Pipes with higher wall thickness (WT) are identified and segregated for placement in critical drilling sections providing higher casing wear margin.
A FLEXIBLE DATA SERVICE FOR ANY PIPE, ON ANY BENCH, AT ANY TIME
Geometrical data map is obtained using an In-pipe Rover, an automized device using laser and/or ultrasound technology. A caliper can also be used depending on conditions. Only one Vallourec trained technician needed to run the service anytime, on any pipe at any yard.
Pre-run tally includes: pipe length, ID, OD, WT, ovality, eccentricity, bore and metal volume.
Our solutions for several steps in your Exploration & Production operations
- Pipe bore volume for cement displacement
- Best packer-fit pipe selection
- Thickest pipes placement for casing wear mitigation
> Webcast “Prime Mapping: Obtaining Actual Pipe Data for Higher Downhole Performance” – December 2022
> Webcast “Intelligent Drift solution – Enhance your Rig Preparation service for drilling and completing operations” – December 2020