Glass Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) liners
Injection wells are known to face complex environments, such as untreated fluids, high salinity, corrosive gases (CO2, H2S, O2) and microbiology activity. Carbon steel tubings with Glass Reinforced Epoxy liners are field proven in such corrosive environments replacing costly CRA grades.
Vallourec has developed this solution with the best partners to maintain both the pipe and the connection integrity.
- GRE liners provide an effective long-term corrosion protection for several applications, such as water injection, wet CO2 injection, and production wells.
- GRE liners solutions are fully compatible with our VAM® TOP and VAM® 21 premium connections, with no design modification required and same torque table applicable.
- Both VAM® TOP and VAM® 21 solutions fitted with GRE liner have been tested as per ISO 13679: 2002 CAL IV up to 120°C.
- Vallourec offers design solutions for CRA accessories to ensure continuity of the corrosion protection with GRE pipes.
- For other GRE liner applications, please contact us.
- Temperature: up to 250°F/121°C.
- Pressure: up to the pipe performance in combined loading (VME envelope of pipe).
- Maximum decompression rate: 100 psi/min.
OCTG Expertise Center
Every application has specific service requirements to withstand internal and external pressure, high torque, temperature and corrosion. Vallourec offers the full range of material grades and connections to meet your needs. Our Expertise Center is the priviledged place to exchange with our experts.