Structural Hollow Sections
Our seamless Structural Hollow Sections are a universal construction element for construction and mechanical engineering applications. They are ideal for all types of steel structures, offering excellent weight-bearing and strength properties to optimize customer’s design. The hollow sections are available in a vast array of grade families with various properties and a comprehensive hollow section sizes including circular, rectangular or special shapes like hexagonal or elliptic and are delivered according to international standards (e.g. EN10210-1; EN10210-3).
* Including normalized rolling
High-strength steels according to EN10210-3:
- Forterior® – the stronger tube: When extra strength is needed (min. yield strength 400 – 620 MPa)
- FineXcell® – The multi performance tube: When highest strength meets weldability (min. yield strength 690 – 960 MPa)
Dimensional ranges for hollow sections
As full liner, our portfolio of dimensional ranges is the widest in the industry. It includes circular tubes, square, rectangular and special shapes like hexagonal or elliptic. Extra-long sections are available upon request.
Typical dimensions are:
- Circular: Outer dimensions from 21.3 mm to 711 mm and wall thicknesses up to 100 mm
- Square: Outer dimensions from 40×40 mm to 300×300 mm and wall thicknesses up to 25 mm
- Rectangular: Outer dimensions from 50×30 mm to 400×200 mm and wall thicknesses up to 25 mm
- Special shapes upon request
Due to our diversified and long-term experience in many business areas, our qualified metallurgists and technical supporting teams are ready to support you at picking the right material.
“Vallourec seamless tubes will make possible a significantly lighten the weight of the roof structure design, reducing the number of components and contributing to a cleaner structure, which will favour architectural design” Thiago Inácio Viga, Civil Engineer of new Atlético Mineiro stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil