Besides the technical challenges such temperature or corrosion, financials are crucial. Vallourec puts at your service a wide experience on geothermal projects as well as full technical expertise, to advise you on choosing the right tubular material and connections
. Our target is to help you optimize the total cost of ownership of your geothermal wells.
- Well Integrity is a must: unstable formations may cause collapse failures; high-pressure flow must remain inside the production string; high Temperatures induce both derating on material’s yield strength and high compression constraints in the tubulars. Our proprietary High Yield and High Collapse grades as well as our most advanced connections such as VAM® 21 will help you managing your most challenging geothermal wells with total confidence.
- Our most advanced connections have been physically qualified for geothermal applications, following the TWCCEP guidelines (Thermal Well Casing Connection Evaluation Protocol)
- Material Selection Services: we provide you with a large range of materials, from carbon steel sour service to high-alloyed corrosion resistant materials like Duplex or Super Duplex. Our goal is to improve your well’s lifetime.
- Efficient and global industrial footprint: our engagement is to provide you with a competitive offer including the right products and services, looking to optimize the budget of your geothermal assets.
- THERMOCASE® VIT: For closed loop geothermal systems using downhole heat exchangers. VIT enables retrofit of existing but non-producing wells into added power source at very low risk. VIT can also be used for improving enthalpy in cold aquifer situations.